Due to the typhoon that hit Japan over the last few days, traffic restrictions have been put in place on some major roads around the Niseko area.
The following information is valid as of 10:00AM, 7 September.
【Currently closed to through traffic】
■ Route 276 (Bifue Pass － Kimobetsu)
3.4km section between Miyagi-cho Otaki-ku Date city and Kiyahara-cho Otaki-ku Date city
* Affected section is nearer Kimobetsu at the turn-off to Route 453.
* In effect since 10:05, 6 September due to landslides
■ Route 268 Iwanai Rankoshi Line
7.0km section between Oikomi Kyowa-cho Iwanai-gun and Gate 1 at Niimi Rankoshi-cho Isoya-gun
* In effect since 2:30, 6 September due to possible landslides
■ Route 66 Iwanai Toya Line
18.3km section between Oikomi Kyowa-cho Iwanai-gun and Yunosato Rankoshi-cho Isoya-gun
* In effect since 2:30, 6 September due to collapsed side slopes
Route 58 Kutchan Niseko Line between Hanazono and Goshiki Onsen
**The above restrictions will be lifted accordingly when reconstruction work finishes and on-site safety is confirmed. Please contact or refer to the following information sources for up-to-the-minute information.
● Japan Road Traffic Information Center （Tel: 050-3369-6601）