THIS issue’s recipe is for maguro donburi (tuna sashimi rice bowl) thanks to relaxed Hirafu izakaya Mina Mina.
300 gm Fresh Sashimi Tuna
2 spring onions
NORI seaweed sliced thinly
1 tsp white sesame seeds
1 tsp wasabi paste
50 ml Dashi (Japanese soup
15 ml soy sauce
60 ml maple syrup
How to make the DASHI (Japanese soup stock)
1. Put cold water into big pot, and put a piece of KONBU dried kelp seaweed in.
2. place pot on low heat until almost boiling, then remove the KONBU from the
water. Increase heat until water is boiling.
3. When the soup is boiled remove from heat, then add KATSUOBUSHI dried
bonito and fish flakes . Leave 3and half minutes until the flakes sink.
4. Strain the stock through a paper towel, then add a little salt.
1. mix Dashi , soy sauce and maple syrup
to make the seasoning.
2. slice the fresh tuna, and place into the
seasoning. Cover, and leave to sit for
2 to 3 hours in a cold place.
3. prepare rice in a bowl, and put
sesame and seasoning on the rice.
4. arrange tuna on the rice, and put
NORI and spring onion on top.
5. finish by putting the seasoning on the
top and put Wasabi on the side.