If you compare Japan’s land compare to the surrounding countries, you would think it’s quite small. However, the fact is that the land is very long as much as 3000Km distance from end to end.
Niseko is actually 550Km away from the earthquake center, and the resort area is not damaged by the earthquake, as shown below.
Following business operation is running as scheduled.
– Lift operation in ski resorts in Niseko
– Local shuttle bus operation
– Shuttle bus from/to Sapporo or New Chitose Airport
– Train operation between Kutchan, Sapporo and New Chitose Airport
– International “DIRECT” flight from/to New Chitose to major Asian cities (Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei …etc)
– Domestic flight to New Chitose from all major international airports in Japan (Narita, Haneda-Tokyo, Chubu Centrair, Kansai)
Note: Public transportation in Tokyo area is not running sufficiently due to power supply restriction plan from the goverment. But airport limousine between Haneda and Narita is operational.
Snow level at the Annupuri peek is still more than 400cm and 200cm at the bottom.